I can’t write down in words my excitement. After 7 years of being in a relationship, I was asked one of the most enchanting and forever-waited questions a girl wants to hear:
Will you marry me?
After saying YES (like a hundred times) and celebrating all night with the family and friends…
There was this question that kept coming to my mind all night…
I’m getting married, what should I do next? Where do I start?
Before you say “start planning the wedding”, I recomend you to…
Remember the following:
- This is the beginning of something new, from now on it’s not me, it’s ours.
- When in panic (you will be in some point), BREATH in and BREATH out, everything will be alright.
- Your fiancé might not want to know every little detail of the wedding… don’t feel bad or think he’s not into it, remember he had guts enough to pop-the-question.
- Include your mother-in-law in the planning, she’ll thank you forever! Remember, one day you’ll be the mother-in-law and will like to be included.
- Finding the right dress will not be easy, but don’t worry… you’ll find YOUR dress.
- Family or friends will want to be part or comment on your event, include them in something… you can decide when and in what.
- And last but not least, this is meant to be a once-in-a-lifetime event so enjoy every part of it.